Sunday, November 21, 2010

I need a diagram that shows me how to change my thermostat on my engine?

I have a 2003 VW Jetta 1.8T GLS and I need to replace the thermostat and the temp sensor. I don't want to bring it into a shop unless I have to. And my dad and I were gunna work on it together. But we're not sure where the thermostat is. So I was wondering if someone has a site I could go to that's FREE and shows me where I can locate those things.I need a diagram that shows me how to change my thermostat on my engine?
That's probably the easiest thing to replace.

On the front of the engine by the water pump, there's what I believe is a plastic neck that comes out and has two bolts in it holding to the block, the hose should lead to/come off of the radiator. Take the hose off, take the two bolts out and that will remove the plastic piece, and your thermostat is right behind it. Replace the O ring while you have it outI need a diagram that shows me how to change my thermostat on my engine?
The vast majority of thermostats are under a ';goose neck'; where the upper radiator hose connects to the engine.
  • how do you rent an apartment
  • Camera dilemma
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment