Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change a thermostat, hi limit for a Maytag dryer?

I NEED HELP TO CHANGE THE THERMOSTAT, HI LIMIT IN A MAYTAG DRYER



If I can get specifics. What to remove and where. This would help. What am I looking for, I have a general idea from certain websites, but they really don't help at all.



I PLUGGED IT IN, AND I CAN TELL IT IS GETTING POWER, THE LIGHT INSIDE COMES ON. I'M THINKING THERMAL FUSE NOW...BUT WHATS THE BEST ROUTE?



SPECS ON ITEM:

3 WIRE 120/240 V ~ 60 HZ. I PH.



MODEL NO. - PYE2300AYW

REV. - 10

MAYTAGHow do I change a thermostat, hi limit for a Maytag dryer?
Have you tried the Repair Clinic. It has a diagram and troubleshooting page that might help.If not you can call them for free help and advise.How do I change a thermostat, hi limit for a Maytag dryer?
you can test the high limit.. mine was a hotpoint but then again ge makes about all of them. my high limit was on the back wall inside.. raised up the top and you can see it back there. round with 2 screw holding it and 2 wires.. test it with a cotinuity(sp) tester.. should hear the beep.. no heat can be bad elements also. you can pretty much look at them and see if you have a bad one. i doubt its the t-stat or controller
This is a very good and expensive dryer---also fire prone if you wire the wrong things together. Call a Maytag man! please.
You would also want to check the door switch, alot of times that can be the coulpret, But the thermal fuse is along the side of the element box that is located on the top left ubder the top of this machine. I beleive there may be a couple of snap clips under the lid in the front that you can release with a putty knife to raise the lid and get to the parts you will need to test.
  • howtoberomanticwithmygirlfriend
  • how long does accjlast
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment