Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How would I change a thermostat in 92 Buick Roadmaster?

My husband and I tried to get the bolts off each side and the one bolt is extremely long. We decided to let it alone. I have a new thermostat as the car lacks heat. This would be the obvious place to start. That one bolt-how long is it? It is the one on the right if you are facing the car. The rest of the situation I think I can handle. Pointers are appreciated.How would I change a thermostat in 92 Buick Roadmaster?
The kind of engine would be helpful. Speaking in general terms, follow the upper radiator hose to the engine. That metal piece that it connects to should be most likely angled and somewhat rounded, That's the thermostat housing. The 2 bolts you talked about are most likely the correct ones if they are on either side of that rounded housing. I don't really understand the problem of a long bolt. Is it hitting something or you just think it shouldn't be that long? Most of the time those housing bolts are about twice as long as they appear that they should be and sometimes it is difficult to get them all the way out because of interference with some other component. One more tip. Be absolutely sure you get the new one in the right direction or you will be worse off than you are now. Sometimes they will not fit incorrectly but sometimes they do. The side with the spring and copper tube on it goes in the engine side. And be sure it is seated in its groove properly or it will not seal.

That's about all I can do without more details.How would I change a thermostat in 92 Buick Roadmaster?
take the water pump off and it is right in there... car that old you prob dont even need to replace the old one... just take the old one out and leave it... wont have a problem then

No comments:

Post a Comment